The challenge...

Wear the same "Little Black Dress" for the entire month of February.

The Little Black Dress

When a little black dress is right, there is nothing else to wear in its place.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

NEW eyes!

I have EXCITING news!!!!! I can seeeeeeeeeee again!
I picked up my NEW spectacles yesterday on my way home from work and can actually see now! I obviously had to wear them today. 

I paired my classy Little Black Dress with flip-flops (as predicted) and wore a long'ish marble-blue cardigan. To mix things up a little more I wore a v-neck sequin lined cami underneath the Little Black Dress; I didn't have time to change purses, but I think I managed to pull off the oversized Hermes bag with this look, despite it being the only brown think in a sea of black and blue. Early on in the morning I added another accessory by wrapping a bright blue Sponge Bob Band-Aid on my left thumb to protect a cut that has been bugging since last Friday!   

On an unrelated note... I found out that newsman Anderson Copper's Mom is none other than fashion designer Gloria Vanderbilt.  Who knew?!?!?!


7 comments:

  1. Very Cute. I love the new glasses. I think we need a photo of both of us wearing our glasses... it can be our "we're writers, we're serious, and we are badass" picture.

    The cami is great, and what a cute blue cardigan. Can I borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can borrow! I will, however, warn you I just discovered that it has a butterfly on the back of it. Haha. Not sure how I feel about him, but we'll make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew! Hahaha.

    I think you should wear a long cardigan with the dress and belt it so the dress just looks like a layer.

    The glasses look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke- def. want to try that look. Elizabeth Hearts (my inspiration) has a lot of looks like that in her 30-day look photo album... here's one http://tinyurl.com/ylg34q2

    ReplyDelete

Past Looks

Related Posts with Thumbnails