The challenge...

Wear the same "Little Black Dress" for the entire month of February.

The Little Black Dress

When a little black dress is right, there is nothing else to wear in its place.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grunge-Indie-LA-Journalist meets Orange-County-Girl-Next-Door

I've never worn a keffiyeh scarf... until today. It looked fantastic with my Little Black Dress and was very grunge meets girl next door. My dearest friend, Ursula, lent me the scarf because at Day 11 of the experiment- I'm running low on both ideas and clothes. I like the look of the scarf and the fact that it was bought at a train station in Paris; It's sure to me cozy which is great and I think the green purse acts as a fantastic splash of color. My bracelet  was handmade in Angola, Africa and was given to me by my Aunt and Uncle who lived there for 3 years.

I feel like I've been too focused on the fashion side of this blog so I'm going to try to talk more life, etc. That being said, I've been working on a list of things to do and ways to continually improve myself. I've completed my "Understand Myself" section; things I will do in an effort to become a better me, while still looking fabulous in my Little Black Dress... and beyond;

"Understand Myself"

   • Love myself
   • Be proud of myself
   • Figure out what makes me truly happy
   • Write down my thoughts
   • Redefine, reconnect, and embrace the person I am becoming
   • Choose a theme song for myself
   • Understand what I am looking for in a mate
   • Know when to stand my ground, when to let things slide, and when to meet halfway
   • Write a "This I Believe" essay
   • Complete a list of 100 facts about myself
   • Come to terms with my past


Rather than just focusing on what color cardigan I'm wearing, I hope that my new 'lists-for-the-day' will make the blog a little more entertaining. Tomorrow's list will be "Things I Want to Learn".

I really look forward to hearing comments on both my lists and outfits. Hope that you enjoy the new'ish format of my blog; today's quote is FANTASTIC!!! Be sure to check it out!



5 comments:

  1. You look fab! I am so proud that you are still doing this!!!! And you are such a world traveler with your outfit... scarf from Paris ( it also traveled all along the South of France, and Spain (Ibiza, & Barcelona).

    Your goals are so inspiring!!! I can't wait to read 100 facts about you!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GREAT! I love the scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look awesome, i love the concept of your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same scarf that I bought in Paris also. I'm never sure how to wear to so thanks for a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. busygirl and Rachael- glad you guys love the blog!!!! thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Past Looks

Related Posts with Thumbnails