The challenge...

Wear the same "Little Black Dress" for the entire month of February.

The Little Black Dress

When a little black dress is right, there is nothing else to wear in its place.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beautiful World

First and foremost... this morning was beautiful.

Thick fog blanketed the roads and mist settled on my windshield as the streetlights danced to the hum of the morning. I woke up this morning with such an appreciation for life and every small detail it has to offer; my heels sinking into the wet grass as I tried to take today's Little Black Dress picture, the race the water took to get off my windshield as I accelerated... life is truly beautiful and wonderful and amazing. Although things are hectic in my life right now and I'm still trying to fit in and "find my place", I'm glad I still have the desire and the ability to appreciate the little things in life- getting flowers from and "unknown" person on Valentine's Day just because (Thank You Mom- I have decided it was you), birds chirping as I fall asleep in the afternoon, the old man walking on the same stretch of road as I drive to work (no matter how late I am)... there is so much life has to offer and this morning I, for some reason, was reminded to look for the small things in life.

Thank you morning fog for reminding me to slowdown, for reminding me to appreciate, for reminding me to be thankful, and for reminding me to, as Rob Thomas sings, 'shine a little light on everything around me'



On an completely unrelated note and to break the rhythmic writing... today I paired the Little Black Dress with heels, that sank in the wet grass with a vengeance,  a purse that my sister got me when she was last in Spain, a sweater inspired cardigan on loan from Mya, and a belt to dress it all up a bit more for the simple fact of it being Thursday. I would describe the look as being... surprisingly sophisticated.

4 comments:

  1. Love your writing and all the appreciation you have for a simple California morning :)

    That cardigan is adorable. What about that pink short sleeve jacket I wore on Sunday... would you want to wear that with the LBD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!!!

    I am never giving you advice on what to wear, because you don't take it, so don't ask!!!!

    Like the military, we now have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy!

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke- I think the pink jacket would be fantastic!

    Mango- There was a disaster with my wardrobe rack last night and it fell and all the clothes were in a pile... on the floor! I will take your advice as soon as I get everything hung back up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh you look really cute! I like this look.
    But seriously - I have the worlds WORST style ever so never ever ask me for advice! lol

    ReplyDelete

Past Looks

Related Posts with Thumbnails