The challenge...

Wear the same "Little Black Dress" for the entire month of February.

The Little Black Dress

When a little black dress is right, there is nothing else to wear in its place.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Falling Whistles

 I wanted to keep today's look simple. I wore the Little Black Dress with a blue cardigan, carried a canvas bad and wore flip-flops. I also decided to wear my Falling Whistle.


One of my closest friends, Matt, came to visit earlier this week and as always was wearing his Falling Whistle. Matt is one of those people who probably knows at least 2 people you know; he is definitely a people person. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met and also one of the most caring and compassionate people I will probably ever have the pleasure of knowing. Matt was involved with Invisible Children and got involved with the Falling Whistles organization last year. The organization...

"gives a small window into our world’s largest war. Originally just a journal written about boys sent to the frontlines of war armed with only a whistle, readers forwarded it with the same kind of urgency in which it was written and demanded to know – what can we do? The Falling Whistles campaign launched with a simple response - make their weapon your voice and be a whistleblower for peace in Congo."  

It's humbling; knowing that while I am wearing the whistle as an accessory, there are young boys that wear it as their only amour. If you have a few minutes today, take some time to look at both the Invisible Children and Falling Whistles organizations. Learn how you can make a difference in someone's life.  

Matt and I



On an unrelated note... here is my list for today

"Things I Want to Learn"

• Learn how to deal with difficult people
• Never lose my sense of wonder
• Learn to whistle with my fingers
• Learn from my mistakes
• Learn French
• Learn to bartend
• Learn to be a storyteller
• Learn some smooth, cool dance moves
• Learn how to invest in stocks
• Learn to ride a horse
• Learn how to rappel down a mountain
• Learn how to make tamales

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS ENTRY SO MUCH! GREAT PICTURES GREAT OUTFIT. And I want to do all those things on the list... my brother and his wife make really great tamales, I'll ask if they want to teach us, and we can go over there sometime soon!!!

    you look fabulous and like a peacemaker all at the same time!!!! good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the whistle Chelsea! Hope you had time to take a look at both organizations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for adding Falling Whistles on your blog - we really appreciate the support. We have some really exciting initiatives that will be launched pretty soon down the road. I would love to connect with you so we can keep in touch in the future!
    Please e-mail me at mbenedict@fallingwhistles.com so we can be in touch.
    Thanks!
    -Mallory and the rest of FW HQ

    ReplyDelete

Past Looks

Related Posts with Thumbnails